Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"Finishing" the Family Room

We've hung the curtains and added a few decorative items to the family room, but I still don't think of it as "finished". However, I expect that the remaining touches will be more gradual, the result of finding decorative items over time. That said - the room is officially fully functional.

I do own a sewing machine and while I don't use it that frequently, the price of curtains convinced me that ordering fabric and sewing them myself was the best option. It wasn't cheap, but we ended up with a higher quality fabric than what we would have gotten for the same price if they had been pre-made. They are also exactly the perfect length, which can't be said for store bought.

I ordered Waverly's Ellis print in Flamingo and used six yards at a cost of $59.50.


I'm pretty happy with the "finished" product:



Still on the to do list:
- Sew new, larger throw pillows for the couches
- Add a few trinkets to the shelves
- Figure out what to do with the sides of the fireplace


No comments:

Post a Comment