Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I Hate Painter's Tape.

Because it only works about half of the time, even when I spring for the good stuff:


I used it to tape off the top section of the dining room so that I could paint the chair rail white. Three coats later, here's what we had when I pulled it off.


It's sort of lacking that crisp, clean finish I was hoping for. The room looked a bit wonky.


Fortunately, the fix was easier than I thought. I'm a pretty crappy painter, but I took a 1'' straight trim brush and cut in around the top of the rail. It looks so much better now.  I keep stopping to look at it every time I walk by!






The big finish will be delayed another week because the lumber yard doesn't stock our window sill profile and it has to be special ordered. Hopefully we can do the crown in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment