Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's a beadboard bonanza around here!

You may recall all of two posts ago, that I vowed to get the mudroom done by June 30th.  Josh knows that it kills me to have unfinished projects waiting for me. I love completion! That's why, being the best husband ever, he helped me pound out some major mudroom progress this past weekend!!!

We cut and installed all of the base molding and bead board and put a new door casing on the door that goes from the mud room to the kitchen.

Before:

With paint, base molding and new door casing:

With bead board:




The bead board is still very rough. I've used caulk and wood putty to fill the holes and seems but will go over them one more time to make it all look as clean as possible.


Once everything is sufficiently patched, I'll go over the boards with a pure white in satin and the trims in a pure white semi-gloss. Then I'll add the chair rail to the top and add a piece of flat trim to the long wall for coat hooks.

Josh is taking a class on electrical work for homeowners, so hopefully after his lab this week he can switch out that handy dandy nipple light for one of these:
 I also have to figure out what kind of shelving and storage I want. That part might be finished after my self imposed deadline.

1 comment: